Sunday, February 10, 2013

Baby Fav's


So, by no means do I claim to be an expert of babies. While I was pregnant, I enjoyed reading and hearing what other mom’s loved for their babies. These are the items that have become my ‘Must-Haves’ items, in no particular order:

If you are nursing/pumping, you MUST get this bra! This thing has helped keep me sane, I can’t imagine having to sit for 20 minutes holding funnels to my breast at 3 am. You may think this is a ridiculous product if you have not had the need to use one or seen one in action, but it has been a favorite purchase so far!

 

The Baby Connect app has been an absolute ‘Must-Have’! In my sleep deprived state I could at times probably forget my own name much less remember the last time I fed Elliet. It keeps track of her feedings, diaper changes, my pumping sessions and much, much more.  And for my type-A personality, it even puts the information into bar graphs and time lines for me! Just since I started using the app, she has gone through 223diaper changes, 183 bottles of breast milk, and I have had 129 pumping sessions. Wow.

 

Organic Coconut Oil. This was recommended by a lactation consultant while we were in the hospital to use instead of the Lanolin Ointment. What a difference! She also suggested using it on baby’s skin as lotion, while greasy, it rubs in well and leaves skin hydrated and super soft.

 

Elle loves her play mat! She loves to lay and stare at the bright colors, she really focuses on them and you can see the stimulation they provide her.



The Nap Nanny! This contoured cushioned seat is great. When I asked a mommy friend of mine who recently had her second child what her favorite baby item was, she replied the nap nanny.  I know that it’s been recalled and no longer sold in stores due to irresponsible use, but I’m so glad that I have mine. It has come in really good use since Elle has acid reflux, it's reccomended not to lay them flat after a feeding so we use this quite often!
 


I’ve also been learning about infant massage and techniques to help her with digestion and gas. I also found this site that is good for new moms to learn about what it may take to get Elliet on a schedule when the time is right.
 
I found these ROCKABYE BABY! lullabies on ITunes and Elle loves them. They have lots of fun artists that they have remade great songs into lullabies for... Dave Matthews, Coldplay, Bob Marley, U2, etc.
 



And finally, everyone needs a She-She! My Aunt Sheila came in for Elle’s birth and stayed four nights and came back again a week later and stayed with me for the week. She helped with everything from the dishes and laundry to diaper changes, feedings, grocery shopping and trips to Buy Buy Baby! Baby Elle and I are so lucky to have her in our lives!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment