Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sweet baby-to-be



Sweet Elliet,

In about five weeks you will arrive in this world. You are already so special to your father and I. You wouldn’t believe how much we already love you. You haven’t even taken your first breath and you have already changed our lives forever.

On May 23rd, 2012 we learned you would be joining our family. I never thought my insatiable curiosity could withstand nine months of suspense, but I am enjoying this much more than I could have imagined.

On August 31st, your daddy and I learned we were going to become parents to a baby girl. Within a few days we had chosen your name and had started planning your nursery.

My mind wanders often, daydreaming of you. I wonder what we will share, if you will have my eyes, my long toes or your daddy’s smile. I pray that we teach you the best of us and most of all the glory of God.

You are kicking away inside me now as I write this letter to you and that puts a soft grin on my face. I treasure the feeling of your movements and the blessing it is to grow a tiny life inside of me. When I am exhausted or achy, I work harder at being thankful for the many reasons why I feel this way.

You have an eager family waiting for you…and you will be treasured and celebrated and admired. I am so excited for the moment of your birth. I would like to ask you to hurry–I am tired, and wobbly, and so ready to meet you soon. Instead, I will wait patiently for you, enjoying you in my belly.

I am not sure of the struggles that you will face in life or if we will be able to protect you from anything or anyone that may prevent your happiness. But I want you to know that your father and I are so in love with you and pray you always feel our love. One thing I know without any doubt, beyond what my mind can comprehend is God’s love for you. He will always be with you. Look to Him first and always, you will be in the arms of the one who holds the world in His hands.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
--Psalm 139: 13-16

We praise God for you, our sweet gift that can only come from Him.

Love,   
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment