Friday, November 9, 2012

Debut

I guess I have officially jumped onto the blog bandwagon. Several have suggested that I keep a journal throughout my pregnancy… and after some thought I figured it would be more fun to keep a blog to document our ever-so-changing lives. This way, we can share it with friends and family as well even after Elliet is born. Most importantly it will serve to remind us to slow down and enjoy each day as it’s given to us and all the small details that we would normally forget.

And so here it is… what will be known as the bump updates… This is going to be a recap up until this point. {Thanks for humoring me.}


How Far Along: 28 weeks

So far I have been very, very lucky to have not gotten sick and for that I’ve been very grateful!

Total Weight Gain: 15 lbs.

Gender: It’s a GIRL! And for that I’m super excited! She already has lots of frilly bows! According to my Aunt Sheila, we’ve had to distinguish Elliet’s color as purple so that Paisley isn’t confused with her already taken color of pink! Oh poor Paisley, her world is going to be turned upside down.

Movement: She likes to move most in the evenings when I’m home and relaxed on the couch. Ryan first felt her move on September 29th, that was very neat! She doesn’t move much for him, but hopefully as she grows that will change and he will be able to feel her more.

Sleep: I wake up multiple times a night! It is a good night if I can go back to sleep. I haven’t slept well at all since getting pregnant. I guess my body is prepping me for what’s to come!

Cravings: Vietnamese food! Specifically Re Lei’s… tofu spring rolls and soy chicken and vegetables! Unfortunately I don’t go as often as I would like to, but my good friend Megan meets me there for lunch every time I ask her to! I love her for that!

Other crazy symptoms: My biggest “symptom” this whole pregnancy has been fatigue. It was ridiculous during my 1st trimester how drained of energy I felt and just as people reassured me, it went away during my 2nd. However, to my dismay, as I’ve entered my 3rd I think its coming back full force. Ryan has been great about it too… he is a big help with things like the dishes and letting me relax. Also, when I feel like going to bed early {and by early I mean 8:30pm early} he’s a trooper and comes and crawls in bed with me and keeps me company!

What I am looking forward to: It is interesting how what I’m looking forward to has changed throughout this pregnancy so far. Initially, we were looking forward to finding out the gender, feeling her move and preparing her nursery. My 2nd trimester was more nesting mode… getting her nursery organized and put together {a recommendation of my friend Kristi, not to wait until my 3rd trimester to do so, due to fatigue. I’m glad I listened to her advice!!} And finally, I’ve noticed it change once again entering my 3rd trimester… Ryan and I constantly question what we think she will look like and how our lives will change. We can’t imagine the love we will have for her. We’ve become very excited for her arrival!

Best Moment this week: The best moment this week was today’s Dr appt. We learned our sweet pea is weighing 3 lbs 2 oz and everything is looking great! She’s still breech and with her swift kicks to my bladder, I didn’t need Dr. Martin to tell me that! Ha! We’re lucky enough to receive an ultrasound at each and every visit… Ryan and I were excited today because we both noticed the difference in how pronounced her facial features have become as opposed to previous ultrasounds.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you jumped on the bandwaggon! :)
    What a great updated and I am right there with you with the ever changing "what we look forward to".
    I had a friend suggest sitting in the finished nursery and taking a moment to write the little one a letter about your excitment, hopes and dreams for them and whatever else you can think of.
    I look forward to going along the journey with you virtually!

    ReplyDelete